WE’RE HIRING:Backend Developer
Audioboo is seeking an experienced backend engineer for a major
expansion programme. Audioboo is a well established audio platform for major news organisations, sports teams, broadcasters and audio bloggers worldwide.
Keeping on top of the sheer volume of data and keeping our systems running smoothly is a serious job.
Please note this is a heavily technical role - not a management or front-end design role - and will be focused on:
- delivering excellent reliability and uptime, maintenance, and improving daily operation
- expanding our capabilities based on management and application requirements
- delivering usage statistics and integrating statistics management systems
- supporting long-term objectives for ourselves and our major commercial partners like the BBC, Guardian, Southern Cross Austereo and dozens of other major broadcasters worldwide
- Linux administration
- MySQL administration and query optimization
- Storing & querying large amounts of stats
- Working with Amazon Web Services
- Network systems design and maintenance (server structure, load balancing, etc)
- System configuration management – eg Chef or Puppet
- SmartOS and/or Solaris administration
- Continuous integration & TDD
- Google Analytics API - custom coding will be required
- Payment systems (Stripe, SagePay)
- Microsoft Azure, particularly Blob Storage and server creation
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. Please include your GitHub account name if you have one or examples or relevant previous work.
No agencies. (We already have arrangements in place for agency search.)