Our friends British Public Radio yesterday announced the BPR Awards – to celebrate great radio content produced outside of the BBC and commercial radio – so if you’re a student radio broadcaster – or maybe a community station, or maybe even a podcaster, submit your show now to be in with a chance of winning a prestigious award!
There’s five categories – with awards for short and long programmes in each: Entertainment, Documentary, Drama, Factual/News and Experimental, and the judges are a prestigious bunch:
- Alex Feldman, Creative Director of Pixiu
- Michael Hill, MD of Radioplayer
- Dirk Maggs, writer & director (he adapted Hitchhikers Guide for Radio 4!)
- Steve Kyte, former Deputy Controller, BBC Five Live
- James Cridland, MD of Media UK and Radio Futurologist
There’s also going to be a Gold Award for the best overall entry. You can enter now and the closing date is July 15th. Find out more on the British Public Radio website.